- Attorneys/Mgmt Co.
- Labels (Join free)
- A & R Pros
- About Us
- Online Store
- Log Out
Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
February 1, 2016
The website NEEDARECORDDEAL.COM (the “site”) and related platforms, products, and services available on or from the site (the “services”) are owned and operated by NARD Holdings, Inc. d/b/a NEEDARECORDDEAL.COM (together with its affiliates, successors, and assigns hereinafter sometimes referred to as “our”, “we,” or “us”).
By accessing and using the site and the services, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by these general terms and conditions, our Copyright Policy, our Cookies Policy, our Trademark Policy, our Disclosure Policy, and our specific terms and conditions applicable to certain services you may elect to use (all of which are incorporated herein and collectively referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”, which set forth the entire agreement pertaining to your use of the site and services.
These terms and conditions are legally binding agreements. If you use the site and the services acting as the representative for an artist, company, or entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind such individual or entity and you guarantee compliance by such individual or entity with these terms and conditions.
We reserve the sole right at any time to modify, discontinue, or terminate any service or the site, or change, add, or delete portions of these terms and conditions without notice. We will post changes to these terms and conditions, if any, to the site. It is your responsibility to check the site periodically for changes. Your continued use of the site and services after any changes constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions.
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use the site or services.
1. USE OF THE NARD SITE AND SERVICES
- Age Restriction. Children under the age 18 but at least 13 years of age may use the Site and Services only with the verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian who has agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. SOME MATERIAL ON THE SITE MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR MINORS.
- Site Content Ownership. Not withstanding anything to the contrary, all participants that post their copyrighted material shall retain all copyright interest but does give needarecorddeal.com the right to license their material to the website. This will include User Content (defined in Section 3 (a) below, (collectively, the “Site Content”.)
- Site and Services Use License. Subject to these Terms and Conditions and only to the extent expressly permitted by the functionality of the Site and Services, you are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, and non-transferable right to use the Site and Services and access and interact with Site Content. Except with respect to your use of certain Services in accordance with their specific terms and conditions that provide for or facilitate commercial activities, you understand that the Site and Site Content is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, the functionality of the Site, or your own use of your User Content (i) no Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, sold, or otherwise used in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, and (ii) nothing herein should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Site Content, including trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans or taglines of us or third parties, or any software or code relating to the Site or Services.
- Abuse and Infringement. You agree that you will not use the Site or Services in any manner that is abusive, fraudulent, or unlawful, that infringes the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity, that is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site or Services, in each case as determined in our sole discretion. Without limitation, you agree, represent, and warrant that:
- You will use the Site and Services in compliance with all applicable laws
- You will not use the Site or Services to infringe the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
- You will not harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other Site users by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- You will not use automated scripts to collect information from, access, or otherwise interact with the Site;
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- You will not, directly or indirectly, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code, or underlying structure, ideas, or algorithms of, or found at or through, the Site or Services or any software, documentation, or data related to the Site or Services; and
- You will not remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Site or Services or modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Site or Services.
2. NARD REGISTRATION
- In order to use the Site and Services, you must register as a user and create an account on the Site. As part of the registration process, you will provide a username, password, email address, and other information and materials (the “Registration Information”) for your Site account. You may also be able to register as a user of the Site with certain third-party social networking sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) (a “Third-Party Account”), and in connection therewith, you allow us to access, store, and use content or information relating to your Third-Party Account, and any content or information in your Third-Party Account used on the Site or with the Services shall be “Registration Information” hereunder. We may accept or reject your user registration in our sole discretion.
- You alone are responsible for maintaining the security of your Registration Information and for all uses of the Site and Services in the name of your account. Upon registration, you will have a “Profile” page on the Site where you can manage your use of the Site and Services.
- You represent and warrant that all Registration Information will be true, accurate, complete, and current and that you will promptly update your Registration Information as necessary such that it is, at all times, true, accurate, complete, and current. We may use all Registration Information in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
- You are responsible for maintaining access to the email address associated with your account. We are unable to restore access to your account if you lose access to the email address associated with the account.
- You are responsible for keeping your account active. If a user does not log in to an account for six (6) months or more from the date of the last log in, the account may be considered inactive. Inactive accounts may be permanently removed without notice.
3. CONTENT SUBMISSION
- User Content. (1) You are solely responsible for all materials and content that are submitted by you or through your account or other use on the Site or in connection with any Service, including without limitation, music, sound recordings, musical works, compositions, videos, photographs, pictures, graphics, names, likenesses, images, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, biographical information, chat, messages, files, code, data, metadata, text, software, links, your Registration Information, content from your Third-Party Account, and any other information or materials.
(2) We are not responsible for any User Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Site or Services, and you are encouraged to archive your User Content regularly and frequently.
(3) You hereby acknowledge and agree that we may, at our sole discretion, disclose User Content in order to: (A) comply with law enforcement, court orders, or the legal process; (B) protect the rights and safety of individuals; or settle disputes over intellectual property ownership. You understand and agree that in connection with the rights granted herein, we have the right, but no obligation, to remove, monitor, market, promote, advertise, or otherwise use your User Content.
- Licenses to User Content. (1) By submitting User Content to the Site or in connection with any Service, you automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free, license throughout the universe, and in any manner and media now known or hereafter developed, to prepare, review, copy, reproduce, convert, host, distribute, transmit, stream, publicly perform, display, modify, adapt, excerpt (in whole or in part), publish, promote, advertise, market, create derivative works from, and otherwise use all or any portion of the User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing, in connection with the Site and Services and the functionality thereof; provided, however, we will not sell or otherwise commercially distribute for a fee User Content except in connection with your express use of a Service or program offered by us that provides such functionality.
(2) The foregoing grant of rights includes, without limitation, our right to (but not obligation to):
use User Content, including names, pictures, likenesses, images, voices, performances, biographical materials, and web links to websites that you control, in each case in connection with marketing, advertising, or promoting User Content, you, the Site, the Services, or us;
submit or transmit User Content to third parties in connection with any applicable Services or program offered by us which you elect to use, in any format (e.g., MP3, streaming, or otherwise) in accordance with the functionality of such Service or program;
submit or transmit User Content for review through our Crowd Review Service (our service that provides for the review of music by a by professional artist and repertoire), at our election and without notice or cost to you.
display any and all lyrics associated with a musical composition embodied in User Content in connection with the Site or Services or program offered by us;
edit or modify User Content in our sole discretion in connection with the Site, Services, or program offered by us and without any approval rights by you; and
publicly perform and transmit your sound recordings and musical compositions in connection with the Site, Services, or a program offered by us, including, but not limited to, by interactive and non-interactive streaming on the Site or via a Service. If you have affiliated with a performance rights organization (“PRO”) with respect to your public performance rights, such as BMI, ASCAP, or SESAC, then you may be prohibited from granting the same rights to us, or a grant of public performance rights to us may prevent a PRO from collecting royalties on your behalf. In certain situations a PRO may require that you provide the PRO with notice if you are granting public performance rights to another party. If you have an agreement with a PRO that includes such a provision, you are solely responsible for providing such notice to the PRO. You understand that no fees or payment of any kind whatsoever shall be due to any PRO or music publisher for use of your User Content as authorized in these Terms and Conditions.
4. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT COPYRIGHT NOTICE AND REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY
- If you are a copyright holder who believes that any of the materials on the Site infringe your work, you should notify us promptly. Instructions regarding the required content of this notice, and a form to provide such notice, is available via our Copyright Policy. Upon our receipt of notice reporting alleged copyright infringement, and which complies with the requirements set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to remove, or disable access to, the material in accordance with the DMCA.
- Pursuant to the DMCA, written notification of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to the Designated Agent for this Site. Contact information for the Designated Agent may be found at the U.S. Copyright Office’s Directory of Service Provider Agents for Notification of Claims of Infringement, and is provided below:
NARD Holdings, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
2700 Sumner Boulevard Ste 102
Raleigh, North Carolina 27616
Telephone: (855) 255-6273
- Please be advised that we may provide an alleged infringer with any notice of claimed infringement, including notices of claimed infringement submitted by you and any communications related thereto. We may also provide any counter notifications received and communication related thereto, to the provider of the original notice of claimed infringement.
- Without limiting our termination rights in Section 10, if you engage in “repeat infringement” we may terminate your registration and Site account without notice, and you will no longer be permitted access to the Site or the Services. “Repeat infringement” shall be defined as two (2) or more instances, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, where you have infringed the copyright rights of another person.
- In the event a user’s materials are removed due to a DMCA notice and then subsequently restored in accordance with the DMCA, we will treat the underlying DMCA notice as withdrawn.
- We reserve the right to terminate Site accounts that are the subject of fewer than two (2) instances of infringement of the copyright rights of another person in appropriate circumstances, such as when the user has a history of violating or willfully disregarding the Terms and Conditions.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners, affiliates, employees, contractors, co-branders, advertisers, and other partners (collectively, the “Related Parties“) harmless, and upon our request, defend us and/or the Related Parties, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, claims, costs, expenses, or demands (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), due to or arising out of (i) your use of the Site or Services; (ii) your violation or breach of any representation, warranties or other terms in these Terms and Conditions; (iii) your violation of any rights of any third party; and (iv) any dispute between you and any other user of the Site or Services. Without limitation, you agree to reimburse us and our Related Parties on demand for any payments made in resolution of any liability or claim that is subject to indemnification under this Section. We shall promptly notify you of any such claim, and you may assume control of the defense of such claim with counsel subject to our reasonable approval, provided that you obtain and post an appropriate bond for our benefit, and we shall have the right in all events to participate in the defense thereof. In accordance with Section 7(c) below, if a claim is made we will have the right to withhold payment of any monies due you in an amount reasonably related to the claim and potential expenses. Your sole remedy as a result of any breach or alleged breach by us of these Terms and Conditions or other applicable terms and conditions or agreements is limited to your ability to discontinue use of the Site and your ability to terminate your participation in any Services in accordance with the terms thereof.
You acknowledge and agree that in the course of using certain Services you may become aware of certain otherwise confidential information related to our business and business practices. Except to the extent that such information is otherwise generally available to third parties or is required to be divulged by operation of law, you agree to keep such information confidential.
- You may terminate your use of the Site at any time. You may terminate these Terms and Conditions with respect to any Service provided you have paid all applicable Service Fees by effecting a termination from your Profile.
- We may cancel your user registration and terminate your use of the Site or Services at any time with or without cause, in our sole discretion, and with or without notice, including for your failure to make any payment when due or your breach of your representations, warranties, and covenants in these Terms and Conditions; provided, however, that we have no obligation to monitor your use of the Site or Services.
- We may delete any of your User Content, information, or other data from the Site or Services at any time, and we have no obligation to maintain copies of any deleted information.
- Any provisions of these Terms and Conditions that by their nature should continue after termination of your use of the Site or any Services will continue to apply even after the expiration or termination of these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Site or any Services.
8. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, U.S.A., without reference to conflicts of laws provisions and, as to matters affecting copyrights, trademarks and patents, by U.S. federal law. Those who use the Site or Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Raleigh, North Carolina, in accordance with N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1-569.1 et seq. (the “Revised Uniform Arbitration Act”) and the then-current rules and procedures of the American Arbitration Association by one (1) arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall apply the law of the State of North Carolina, without reference to rules of conflict of law or statutory rules of arbitration, to the merits of any dispute or claim. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed, reduced to judgment and entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that, any provision of applicable law notwithstanding, the arbitrator shall have the authority to award the prevailing party its costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees. The arbitration can resolve only your and/or our individual claims, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to entertain or arbitrate any claims on a class or representative basis, or to consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. In the event that the forgoing arbitration provision is held invalid or unenforceable, then any dispute with respect to these Terms and Conditions shall be brought and heard either in the North Carolina state courts located in Wake County, North Carolina, or the federal district court for the Eastern District of North Carolina located in Raleigh, North Carolina. In such event, you consent to the in personam jurisdiction and venue of such courts. You agree that service of process upon you in any such action may be made if delivered in person, by courier service, by telegram, by facsimile or by first class mail, and shall be deemed effectively given upon receipt.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be revised to the extent necessary to cure the invalidity or unenforceability, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. These Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Our delay or failure to exercise any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and Conditions do not, and shall not be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture between you and us, and neither you nor we, nor your or our respective directors, officers, employees, or agents shall, by virtue of the performance of the obligations under these Terms and Conditions, be deemed to be an agent or employee of the other, and neither you nor we has the authority to bind the other under any contract, agreement, or otherwise.
For questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact
© 2016 NARD Holdings Inc. All rights reserved.